Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a (good) day!

Wow, what a change in everything -- weather, my back and my outlook.

The weather is AMAZING today. It may reach 70. After being in single digits just two weeks ago, that is awesome.

I walked a mile to the track, then jogged 1.25 miles and then walked home. Before I tweaked my back about a month ago in the garage, I was jogging only about about a quarter mile and then walking an eighth of a mile, but today I ran the whole mile without any problems.

I haven't run a mile since I hurt my back in late November. And my back feels wonderful. There's a sensation in the disk, not pain, just a feeling. It's probably more in my head than in my back, though.

I saw a new chiropractor this week. I've been to several -- since my family is loaded with them -- but nothing like this guy. We'll see what happens, but I have to say, so far I feel great overall.The doctor said he doesn't believe the disk is a big deal at all -- he suspects it's been compensating for something else for a long time.

The doctor said my collarbone was messed up on the right side which has been making my entire right side do some hinky things, including locking up my diaphram on the right side and some ribs. He fixed everything. Now we wait to see if it holds. If it does, great. If not, then something else is driving the problem. So far, so good. Good God, I would love it if he has finally gotten to the root of the problem of my back issues of all these years.

I like my current chiro but my adjustments just wouldn't hold for more than 2 weeks, so I sought out this doc at the recommendation of a friend. It's a hassle to get there -- 45 miles away -- but if he can really fix the issue and I don't have to have ongoing treatment, it would be well worth the drive down a few times.

I'm hopeful and excited. We'll see.

No comments: