Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring is definitely early

Running is going great -- slow but great. The big news here in my part of Ohio is that spring is a full two weeks early. The first sign of spring is the white flowers on my neighbors bush (actually, it might be a magnolia tree) which always happens in the first week of April.

Not this year.

The tree began flowering March 21!!!!

And then on Tuesday or this week, I was working up and down the river, and honeysuckle was in bloom, which usually happens the second or third week of April.

And then today, I saw the first baby leaf on our Bradford Pear tree.

For those of who put up with winter, the first signs of spring's rebirth are a big deal. Two weeks early? AWESOME!

Ran four times this week. Just inching up my mileage much slower than I normally would, but I'm protecting my back at all costs.

No comments: