Sunday, March 23, 2008

Running on empty

I really need to start eating better. I ran 3 miles yesterday and felt like crap the whole way. I took the 1-minute walk breaks at .5 and 1.0 plus 2.0. Still my heart rate went way too high. It's a little tough to run well when you're running on a steady diet of chocolate, sugar, Diet Coke and some fast food.

I know all the right things to do -- I know how to eat better; I just don't know how to make it happen. I feel totally addicted to Diet Coke and sugar. It doesn't help that most of my eating happens at the office - stress easting.


Any suggestions?

Lap 1: 11:21; 163 ave. hrt rate; 174 max heart rate
Lap 2: 10:52; 169 ave. hrt rate; 175 max heart rate
Lap 3: 10:49; 171 ave hrt rate; 181 Max hrt rate

1 comment:

Jenn said...

No suggestions for you, only commiserating as your diet looks like mine. Mine is stress eating too . . .maybe it's the line of work we're in. I'm in PR too!