Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little scary

On Wednesday, I got turned around in the garage and felt my back. I was afraid I had tweaked it. I waited to see if it got any worse, but it pretty much held on. I ran on Wednesday night at the indoor track and felt fine and then ran on the street (for the first time since the injury) on Friday because it was just so gorgeous out. We don't get 50s and sunny much in Feb. here. I just couldn't resist. I ran a little less than I'd planned just to be safe, but sort of felt it afterward.

This morning I woke up really tired even after 9 hours of sleep. I headed to yoga and tried a pose or two and knew it just wasn't the thing to do. So I called the chiropractor who happened to be in and got an appt.

I was sure I'd messed up the disk a bit again, but to my surprise she said it feels pretty good. She thinks I'm coming down with the flu and my back hurts from that. What a relief. Still, no running tomorrow. I'm just laying low for the next day or two. I may swim but I may not.

I had a pretty full day planned today. After the dr. appt. I had to go to my high school's athletic hall of fame induction ceremony. I'm on the selection committee. After that there was a girls' basketball game at the high school. We were supposed to head to a college game tonight, but I decided I needed to rest so we're bagging the game. Luckily the game is on TV.

My husband, the colonel, just left to pick up dinner for me. What a sweetie. That counts as my Valentine's gift, which is fine with me. Valentine's Day is for those who date or husbands who are romantic only one day a year. The colonel is very romantic. In fact, he doesn't just celebrate our wedding anniversary he celebrates wedding anniversary week.

My back is still sore and I need to take some the products the doc suggest. Hope to be back to normal in a day or two. Luckily, Monday is Presidents' Day and a day off work. So I have a few days to recovery completely.

No comments: