Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Here's your sign

Walking -- Day 3

It's bad enough I'm not running yet, but I have to start out really slowly with the walking. I'm being passed by everyone -- really. I want to scream, "I'M REALLY NOT THIS SLOW. I AM RECOVERING FROM A HERNIATED DISK IN MY BACK. NOT ONLY CAN I WALK FASTER THAN THIS BUT I'M REALLY A RUNNER."

It's bad enough to be not running but it's even worse when I'm a Chirunning instructor and teach people how to run without pain (Doesn't matter that my back problem isn't the result of running; it still awkward).

But I guess this is the perfect time to learn a lesson I've been working on for years: Stop caring what anyone else thinks. Stop caring how fast or slow I go, how far and not far I walk and --hopefully soon -- run .

Looks like I'm going to be a slower learner on this one.

No comments: