Saturday, November 29, 2008

Two weeks of sun, fun, family and food

As far as two-week trips go, this rated a 10+! What a great time.

We started with a conference for me in Desert Hot Springs (close to Palm Springs, CA). Conference wasn't what I expected. Most of the speakers didn't even talk to the topic in the program. Oh well, it got me to California in November. I'm not complaining.

After the conference, we headed to Huntington Beach to my brother-in-law's for a week and Thanksgiving. All of my husband's nephews were in town for most of the week (his niece arrived Thanksgiving). One night during the week was spent at a FABULOUS party at my nephew's in Newport Coast. Unbelievable food, wine (I don't drink it but he's a wine investor and has some of the best) and just tremendous company, conversation and hilarious karaoke. We've had some good parties out there, but this ranks in the top 5 of any party we've ever been to!

I got incredibly lucky when I married my husband. Not only did I find the perfect man for me, but his family is so awesome. We have a great time together. What a blessing.

Oh, and along the way there was some running. I got 3 runs in the desert. It was still hot and a lot hillier than home, but great workouts. I got 3 runs in HB but woke up one morning and could hardly get out of bed. Don't know what I did to my back. It improved enough to go on a run with a friend two days later, but that just aggravated it even more. It's been five days now and I'm just waiting for the weekend to end so I can call the doctor. I still have a lot of trouble bending over without putting my hands on my thighs for support. The pain is bad enough, but I haven't run since Wednesday, and that's the worst part. Fortunately, it was great run along the beach with my friend, which made making my back worse worth it.

We're home now. I have yet to get on the scale. It won't be pretty. I bascially overate at every single meal.

I miss the beach, the warm temps and the walks to downtown HB (only 4 blocks). All I have to do now is figure out how to convince my boss to let me telecommute from California during the 3 busiest months of the year. Hmmm...any ideas?

No comments: