Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sick and not too tired

I wanted to run yesterday because of the amazing Indian Summer weather we've been having (low 70s and sunny when in November it can be 45 degrees with a bone-chilling rain), but I started to feel nauseous during the work day and it didn't let up when I got home. I tried lying down for 30 minutes, but the half-hour turned into almost 3 hours of sound sleep.

I got myself to the office this morning, but 90 minutes later, I was heading home with more nausea. Slept 2 more hours before heading back to an important work event. I almost turned around a couple of times but pressed on.

Started to feel slightly better during the event and when I got home, I thought I'd try to run. I stayed close to home in case I needed to turn back. But the run went great. I was a little slower but I figure that was just left over sluggishness from the bug I'm fighting.

Because the event went later than my normal work day, it was getting dark by the time I went out to run. I don't usually run in the dark anymore; now I know why. Too many streets don't have lights. Started really slowly just to see how my stomach would react and then opened it up a little bit. A little slower than usual, but I was glad to finish without tossing my cookies.

Mile 1 (12:02)
Mile 2 (10:57)
Mile 3 (10:46)
Mile 4 (10:44)

No comments: