Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ready to run?

I've been on the bike with no problems, doing my exercises and spending time on the inversion table all without issue. So am I ready to run? Well, I am, but is my doctor ready for me to run? We'll see on Friday.

I spent the MLK holiday weekend organizing and cleaning closets and just trying to get organized. I know that I overdid it with my back -- I could feel it. But when that would happen -- usually after a few hours of work, including lifting some boxes I suspect I shouldn't have -- I would lie down for 30 minutes. I could feel a sore spot in my back but it never flared up. I think the inversion table is really helping, too. I have been hanging at about 30 degrees 10 minutes each morning and night, and I definitely think it helps. I'll try to post some photos or video of the inversion table soon.

The good news about the overuse of my back this weekend is that my back is strong and I think is ready to progress to the next level -- running!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a return to yoga and running by the weekend.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......