Sunday, January 25, 2009

No running just yet

Saw the chiropractor on Friday. The back is coming along. I can go back to yoga but no twisting. I can keep riding the stationery bike and walk as much as I want, but no running yet. Maybe in two weeks.

I feel good, but when I overdo it, Iknow it. Lifting boxes last weekend when organizing/cleaning closets probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I noticed after the closet cleaning that when I was on the bike, I just didn't feel right. My tailbone was tender. Five days later at the chiro's office, she said my pelvis was out of whack -- probably from lifting the boxes.

It's hard to take things so slowly. It's been 8 weeks of no running or yoga and I had to go 7 weeks with no workout of any kind. I'm going a little shack whacky. I want my endorphins and I want them now!

I started reading the Total Immersion swimming book. I've decided I want to run not only a half-marathon in 2009 but I'd like to try a sprint triathlon in the summer. I haven't been in the pool for years. I decided to try Total Immersion because I heard it had a lot of the same philosophies as ChiRunning like -- relaxing instead of muscling through and of listening to the body.

So here's my new mantra: I will listen to what my body tells me it wants to do not me tell my body what I want it to do. Boy, that's going to be tough. But really it's the only way I'll ever get to the half marry or the triathlon. I'm sure of that.

No comments: