Friday, January 9, 2009

Flannel jeans and the doc

Am I the last person in a winter state to buy a pair of flannel-lined blue jeans. All I can say is, "What was I waiting for?" I LOVE these babies. I love jeans, in general, but an Ohio wicked winter wind can cut through jeans like a insult to Stuart Smalley (make that Senator Smalley). But no more.

A friend of mine told me about flannel-lined jeans more than five years ago. You'd think with the way I complain about winter and the white stuff, that I'd have ordered a pair before he got the words out of his mouth. Shows just how big a procrastinator I can be. But they are here now and I'm not sure when I'll take them off. And why should I? Who doesn't like the feeling of soft flannel against the skin? I may just wear them until the first day of spring. Sure beats a pair of long johns.

On another note, I saw the doc today. She said everything feels back to normal in my back and gave me a bunch new exercises to do and says I can start riding the stationery bike. Woo-hoo! I'll start with 15 minutes and no tension and build up 5 minutes per day until I'm at 30 minutes with no discomfort. Then I can start to add tension. And I can walk as many miles as I want. Shoot, with those new flannel jeans, who knows how far I can go :)

I am stoked about getting active again. I'll try not to get ahead of myself, but I'm hoping a return to yoga classes and then running aren't far behind.

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Frayed Laces said...

That is fantastic news from your doc! Congrats!