Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to Work

I headed back to the office today after six weeks. The first two weeks off were spent at a conference for work and a week with family in California. The last four weeks were spent recovering from the slightly herniated disk in my back.

Today was good, but I was there only for a half day. Two more days of half-days and if all goes well, back to full-time on Friday.

I tell ya, I have a renewed appreciation for the little things like:
  • Turning my head without pain
  • Putting on a pair of socks without pain
  • Getting up out of a chair without pain

OK, I could go on and on, but let's just say that pain teaches appreciation of things big and small.

If all goes well this week, I can start working on core exercises next week and then on to the stationery bike. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: