Friday, September 5, 2008

Running on empty

I spent Thursday in the field at work and left without much water. While the temps were better than the day before, it was still in the upper 80s. So after 5 hours in the field, the 3-miler Thursday night was less than stellar. Clearly, the 80 oz. of water I normally try to drink each day is helping when I run. And I am finding that nutrition really does affect my running. So back to the 4/400-calories meals a day with the right balance of carbs/proteins.

Last night I looked forward to my walk breaks way too much, but that might have been because it turns out I was running a lot faster between my walk breaks than I thought. Hey, this is supposed to be a recovery week. I really have to get a better handle on my speed to pace myself better.

No comments: