Monday, September 8, 2008

Recovery Week

I just completed my first real recovery week. Oh, I've taken recovery weeks before. You might know them better as "injuries." This was actually a planned recovery week.

My Type A says more is better -- always. My body says stop listening to your Type A; she's an idiot.

So for the first time, I actually backed off my mileage for a week. It wasn't easy. I wanted to go further each day. I was sure I was going backwards in my training. I'm still waiting to see if I pay for backing down the miles or if it pays off.

Down deep, I know it was a good idea. There have been too many times when I kept increasing my mileage only to tweak something here or there and be forced into a recovery week.

So one step forward -- choosing to have a recovery week. Go me!

No comments: