Thursday, September 11, 2008

Routine runs

Nothing special to say. I'm not sure the recovery week last week really has made much of a difference. I didn't feel especially refreshed this week.

I got in a good 4-miler on Tuesday and 3-miler today. I really didn't think I'd do all that well on Tuesday. When I went out to run, I was kind of achey especially my left knee. But I made a microadjustment to my ChiRunning technique and the twinge passed easily. During the first mile, I thought I'd be lucky to finish 2 miles, but after that first mile, I found my rhythm and was good for the 4 and could have done more.

Today, both knees were a little achey. I realized on Wednesday that part of the problem with my knees is not enough water. I've been drinking 60 to 80 oz a day and for two days I had only 40 oz. Really makes a difference -- at least for me. My younger sister says water lubricates her knees. I'm beginning to agree with her.

Tuesday and today's runs were under beautiful skies, although today was in the low 80s and felt even hotter. Still, really good runs and I'm happy -- and pain free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Fantastic!! I discovered chi running a couple years ago. I bought the book and later attended a chi running seminar. Danny is a great teacher and motivator. I've been using the techniques ever since. I've just started a blog called Running Over 50 , hopefully as a motivation for those of my generation who are inactive. I will be writing a lot about chi running. Good luck with chi, running and your blog.