Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cold Snap

Two weeks ago, I was enjoying a warm autumn, still wearing T-shirts and shorts. Oh what a difference a week or two makes in the Midwest. Today, with the windchill, it was 35 degrees at 4 p.m. OK, it could be worse. I could be in Vermont where they just got 9 inches of snow! In. October. You poor, poor people.

I already miss my shorts and T-shirts. But I was lovin' the run. Four miles and it felt great. I had to keep trying to slow myself for fear I was going out too quickly.

I'm really trying to slow down for the first mile and then let myself open it up a bit -- all relative terms since I'm very slow. But less slow today. I really don't want to get caught up with my times because I'll start to care about them. And I need to keep my ego out of this and just enjoy the run. That's why I just deleted my times.

The run in a word: Awesome!

No comments: