Sunday, July 27, 2008

I'm so excited

First, where does the time go? Have I really not blogged since mid-month? Anyway, the running is going fine if not slowly. We went to Peoria for a niece's wedding reception and to visit family. What a blast. I not only got a 1 in a million husband, but his sister and her family plus the other siblings and their kids are an incredible bonus.

Ran in Peoria -- hot and humid even at 8 a.m. Decided to just go out and see how I felt. Stop as needed and see if the ankle felt OK. I'd been wearing some New Balance shoes on the track (running at the track as per chiro's suggestion). In Peoria, I went back to the street and my Loco's. Great run. Felt good but with the usual high heart rate (I could tell even without my Garmin). So I'm happy to have run 3 times this week and the ankle feeling good the whole time.

But the BEST news is the cardiologist's office called last week and offered to move up my appt. from October to this Tuesday!! Hallelujah! I am so hopeful he will figure out why my heart rate spikes when I run -- even a slow run. For ex: earlier this week, I was trying to run slowly. So I ran my first quarter mile in 3:08 but my heart rate was like 151 and then went to 165 and up to 175 or so by the end of the mile. Now, my Garmin has shown that my heart rate can get to 180 so even if that's my MHR (which is high for my age), I'm still working out at what a 95 percent of max on a 12-minute mile? Come on. I've been back to running for more than 2 years. Something has to be going on. Hopefully we'll find out what that "something" is soon.

No comments: