Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hello endorphins

Finally, a really good run.

Could it be the better nutrition (the Belly Fat Diet -- a post for another time)?
Could it be the better hydration -- 80+ounces of water the day before?
Could it be the willingness to take walk breaks every half mile (so basically 5/1 min)?
Could it be all of the above?

Whatever. It doesn't matter, I'm just glad to have had a wonderful long (for me right now), slow, distance run. I didn't feel tired until the last half mile. My heart rate stayed lower (based on how I felt) up to the last half mile (which was uphill) and I just felt so good.

Hello, endorphins. Nice to feel you again.

It's been a long road and a diagnosis for the heart rate problem -- inappropriate sinus tachycardia -- although I don't have all the symptoms. More on that in a future post. Suffice to say, walk breaks help. Even though I don't like them, my body does. Today may be proof of that.

So I'm happy. Great run. Feeling good 12 hours later. No pains. No fatigue. Just sweet, sweet endorphins.

(6 miles [building back up]: 72 minutes)

No comments: