Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Paying for pain personal trainer style

I had my first workout with a personal trainer yesterday. I want to lose at least 10 pounds, firm up my arms and strengthen my core. She started with an upper body workout. I'm not overly sore this morning but I'm feeling a few muscles I haven't felt in a while. It's hard to imagine paying for this pain. Reminds me of golf where I'll plunk down $50 bucks for a round of golf and the "pleasure" of losing lots of golf balls and my patience.

I have found I must be the weakest woman in the world. She wants me to do 3 sets of each exercise, but after watching me struggle through 2 sets, she told me to do the best I can. The good thing is there no place to go but up from here.

Next week, we'll cover my lower body workout. I don't need big, strong legs for ChiRunning (our legs are for support only), which is good because ever since knee surgery, lunges and squats are a thing of the past. So I'm interested to see what she comes up with.

She wants me to workout four days a week in addition to my runs. At least it's only 30 minutes a day for the weights. But that means four days of weights, four runs and one yoga class a week. And that doesn't even count hitting the bike when the warmer temps arrive. How will I fit it all in?

Mile 1: 10:52
Mile 2 11:20 (1 min walk break)
Mile 3: 11:47 (1 min walk break)
Mile 4; 11:11 (run 5 mins/walk 1 min)

Ave HR/Max HR
Mile 1: 164/170
Mile 2: 167/174
Mile 3: 165/177
Mile 4: 169:177

No comments: