Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What's up with feeling down?

I’m not feeling so good. Stayed in bed an extra hour this morning. Just felt like crap. Maybe too much sugar from munching on Kissables during OSU game (or maybe the OSU game itself) or the potato chips or, well, name a junk item and I probably ate it. Plus not drinking enough water but drinking enough Diet Coke to flood my house. This drives me crazy. Why can’t I be as disciplined with nutrition as I am with my running? Oh wait, not so good there either this week.

Ran on Saturday and Sunday, but took a rest day Monday. Planned to run last night but then got delayed because I got home from work late, then I needed to update my web site for ChiRunning and then by the time I got that done, it was pouring down rain. Now I don’t mind the rain so much as rain and darkness together. So I opted for the indoor running track, BUT the track was closed for a basketball game. Oh brother.

So I headed home and then realized there is another indoor track across town and although smaller, it would do the trick. I started to drive there and realized that maybe the rain and closed track were a sign to go home and rest since I haven’t been feeling so good lately. So I did just that. Had a number of things I could have done but instead vegged out. Now, of course, I feel lousy about not working out.Plus resting didn’t seem to help. Neither did a full night’s sleep. I still feel off center. And all I want is more Kissables -- and Diet Coke.

The rest of the week isn’t much better either. Something going on every night after work. OK, so here’s my first real opportunity in a while to dig deep and get my butt out of bed tomorrow and Friday. Even a short run of a couple miles would be better than nothing. But we’ll see. I am the world’s champion at being able to roll over and go back to sleep – even after a marathon sleep. Plus, it’ll be cold again – and dark – tomorrow, and my electric blanketed bed sounds so nice and cozy. Wish me luck.

No comments: