Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Well, it's a start

I ran in the mornings on vacation in the hopes of setting up a habit I could continue once we got home. I've run in the morning for a week or two in the past but it never became a habit. But this year, I'm hoping for something different.

Today was the first day and I had to get up an hour earlier than I did on vacation if I wanted to be in the office by 8:30. But I did it. I woke up at 6:15 and actually felt awake, so I got up, got dressed, did my Chilooseners, got a few sips of water and headed out the door. I walked for about 10 minutes as I always do before taking off.

I started a little fast but I felt good. I slowed down and fell into a nice pace. I expected to run somewhat slower first thing in the morning than in the late afternoon and 11:16 was about 10-20 seconds slower than usual as were the second and third miles at 10:37 and 10:17. So I'm pretty happy with that. Besides the time isn't the goal. Running in the morning, liking it, and feeling no pain afterward is the goal.

Based on those criteria, this morning rocked. Hoping to try again on Thursday.

1 comment:

carrie said...

I'm going to the library this afternoon. I don't know why I haven't checked chirunning out....I guess I've been so focused on marathon training and doing everything *else* I can to help my knees I forgot all about it. Thank you for the reminder! I'll keep you posted. :)