Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fun runs

We left the beach in D estin, FL on Thursday after tacking an additional day onto our vacation. Great move. The weather was great. So I didn't run on Wednesday (our extra vacation day )or Thursday (our travel day) but I got a 3-miler in yesterday at my sister's in Georgia. It was great. Cloudy and about 65 degrees. I ran a bit slower than usual which I attribute to lack of hydration for two days (too many Diet Cokes, not enough water) and way too many M&Ms on the drive up.

My sister lives in a relatively hilly area compared to us, So I got some hills in. Uphills are fine but downhills are still a concern. I have to be very careful on downhills with my back and often I won't even try them if they are steep.

She gave me a 3-mile route but I missed a turn and I'm glad I did. The route she gave me has a lot of rolling hills but with some more serious downhills as I learned on today's run. So I was glad I found my own path which was relatively flat.

Today I ran with my sister and her husband. They were doing 10 or 12 miles on a 4-mile loop. I did one loop but that was all my back could take with the downhills. They also do a run 8 mins./walk 2 mins routine. That doesn't work too well for me. I don't like stopping and starting but it was nice to have company. I usually run alone. It went really fast.

Heading home tomorrow but not before a nice dinner with one of the hub's nephews, his wife and baby along the way. That'll be great.

No comments: