Monday, September 28, 2009

Bad and Better

Thursday's run was fine from a form standpoint, but I have developed a breathing issue that I think is related to reflux. I don't get symptoms like most people. My only symptoms before now were waking up frequently at night. But Thursday I had trouble breathing while running. Actually, I've been having problems with this for a while now. I have to almost hunch my shoulders to get the air to go down into the diaphram when I take a deep breath. And lately my throat feels like it's closing off.

I know that when my reflux acts up (usually from stress), I'm supposed to avoid -- well, actually I'm always supposed to avoid the following foods but I don't -- tomato, carbonated drinks, chocolate, peppermint and caffeine. Most of my main food groups.

The throat closing off thing has certainly gotten my attention along with the breathing thing. Those are two new developments. So I went back to my prescription (long story there but bottom line is what they gave me quickens my heart rate so I'm reluctant to take it) and started taking antacids, which seems to be helping.

So Sunday's run was easier, and I increased a half-mile to 2 whole miles! Woo-hoo. Normally, that wouldn't be a big deal but it means I'm on the way back from the foot problem. Still running on the track only. I still feel my foot if I run on harder surfaces like when I tried a pair of Vibram Five Fingers in the shoe store yesterday. They felt great running in the store, but my foot is sore this morning. I should have known better. Oh well, I'll have to give it a rest for a day or two extra and hopefully, I'll be able to run again tomorrow or Thursday. We'll see. If not tomorrow, it won't be a tremendous loss as winds are gusting to 45 mph here today and will still be at 30 mph tomorrow.

3 comments:

web search said...

Thank you for your wonderful efforts

websites directory said...

Thank you very much

sites like service said...

Thanks ..your topic beautiful .. Good luck